Kuwait–Maastricht Business School
|Location: Kuwait City, Kuwait|
KMBS is currently building a new campus in Abu Halifa that will offer much more classroom space, better facilities, and modern classroom technologies. This new campus will also offer a greater variety of post-graduate programs.
Landmark: Kazima Street
The programs at Kuwait Maastricht Business school are accredited by
- Dutch – Flemish Accreditation Organization
- Association of MBAs
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education
The programs at Kuwait Maastricht Business school are
- Licensed by the Ministry of Higher Education Private Universities Council in January 2003.
- Awarded the Institutional Accreditation Certificate by the Ministry of Higher Education Private Universities Council September 1st, 2005. Thus was renewed in 2007 and is valid until 2011.
Services And Facilities
- KMBS Information Center
- Access to Huge database:
- KMBS provide access PROQUEST
- MSM Information Center developed
- EBSCO Host Business Source Premier
- Science Direct, Business, Management and Accounting collections
- User Guide
- EMERALD Management e-journals and e-books
- Classroom and study room
Students can access several important documents/information from the students' drive which is accessible only from the KMBS Computer Lab
- Students Association
- Students’ Drive
- TOEFL or IELTS
- Minimum of three years work experience.
- Bachelor degree from a recognized university.
Admission file documents:
- Complete Application form
- Originals and certified copies of Bachelor’s degree(s) with certified English translation
- Originals and certified copies of academic transcripts with certified English translation
- Personal CV in English
- 3 recommendation letters. ( from work place or from an academic, must be on a letterhead and signed)
- Evidence of working experience (with job responsibilities), in case applicant does not have at least 3 years of work experience after graduation or he/she has worked part of this period during study file will be subject to admissions committee to be considered on a case by case basis. The letter must show title and date of employment. If the applicant has worked in more than one place, he/she has to bring a letter from each place.
- TOEFL IBT - minimum score of 88 or IELTS (academic) minimum score of 6.5
- Applicants holding Bachelor degree that was taught in English can go through the Internal English Preparation & English Exam Course. There will be an exam at the end of the course equally equivalent to IELTS test.
- Evidence of Proficiency in Mathematics: GMAT or the Math Preparation Course which is specifically designed to prepare students for MBA subjects that require mathematical skills.
- Motivation letter
- Copy of Civil ID
- Copy of passport.
- 3 passport-size photographs
- KD 35 application fee
In addition, potential students are required to provide a letter explaining their motivation for wishing to study at KMBS. This letter should answer two questions: why you want to study a Master degree at KMBS and what do you expect to gain from studying at KMBS. Each question should be answered in no more than 300 words and should have the applicant’s name, application number and signature.
The total fees for the MBA programme are 24530 USD (excluding textbooks).
- In additional to application fee (125 USD), and a Mathematics test fee (89 USD).
- Fees are payable in accordance with the following:
- Year 1
- 1800 USD Registration fee – due once the applicant receives the formal admission letter.
- 5250 USD Tuition fee – 1st installment due approximately 1 month after commencement of the programme.
- 5250 USD Tuition fee – 2nd installment due approximately 4 months from commencement of programme.
- Year 2
- 1800 USD Registration fee to be paid before the start of year 2.
- 5250 USD Tuition fee – 1st installment of year 2 to be paid approximately 1 month from commencement of year 2.
- 5250 USD Tuition fee – 2nd installment of year 2 to be paid approximately 4 month from commencement of year 2.
As a general guide, textbooks cost approximately 1100 USD for 2 years.
Financial Aids And Scholarship
Name of the Scholarship: Sultan Education Foundation - Scholarships
Provided by: Kuwait–Maastricht Business School
Deadline: Scholarships are awarded only at the start of an academic year (September/October), and the final date for submitting applications is 10th September.
How to Apply:
Requirements for applying to Scholarship - Year 1:
Applicants must complete in detail the scholarship application form, and must attach all requested supporting documentation.
Documents required are stated on the application form. (Applications submitted without requested documentation will not be considered.)
If applying for second year scholarship, the following documents to be submitted in addition to these required for year 1 above:
Transcript of grades achieved in year one
Attendance record in year one
Amount (if any) of scholarship awarded in year one
KMBS is affiliated with Maastricht School of Management – the Netherlands, the largest international business school in the Netherlands.
KMBS is affiliated with Maastricht School of Management – the Netherlands, the largest international business school in the Nether Centre of Continuing Education
Provides short-term professional courses and programmes. And strengthen the link KMBS already has with industry, and further enhance the favorable reputation that KMBS currently enjoys.
Dr. Roland Yeo, Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior and International Business at the Kuwait Maastricht Business School, has won two Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence in 20 alumni club.
Maastricht School of Management is a member of AACSB International - the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
AACSB International is a membership association of educational institutions, business, not-for-profit and government organizations devoted to the advancement of higher education in business administration and management.
EFMD The Management Development Network, Maastricht School of Management is a member of the EFMD - the European Foundation for Management Development.
EFMD is an international membership organization, based in Brussels, Belgium. lands.
Kuwait-Maastricht Business School also offers:
The Center of Excellence:
Helps participants develop their careers and skills, provide them with innovative and hands training solutions.
On entry to this course participants must have completed undergraduate study to degree level in the English language.
English preparation course
- Students will also be assessed on the following:
- Group work
Math Preparation Course
The course will help build applicants understanding of business mathematics.
- Mathematical Preliminaries
- The Straight line & applications
Find Your University
Around The University
Downtown: 5.9 km
Airport: Kuwait airport 20.4 km
Oasis hotel 1.9 km
Kuwait tower 5.1 km
Science and Natural history museum 2.5 km
Sharq cinema 3.8 km
Dasma theatre 750 m
Discovery mall 1.7 km
Baskin Robbins 2.3 km
Qortuba fitness center 5.7 km
Sahara swimming pool 11.5 km
Tennis courts 9 km
Sahara golf 11.8 km
Al Salam International Hospital 1.2 km
Abdullah Al-Salem Pharmacy 2.1 km
Dar Al Shifa Hospital 3.3 km
Amiri Hospital 3.3 km
Gulf Bank 350 m
National Bank of Kuwait 1.2 km
Ahli United Bank 2.1 km
Cafes & Coffee Shops:
Café Bazza 1.4 km
Nino Restaurant 1.8 km
Hashtag Restaurant 1.9 km
Al Balad - Lebanese Restaurant 2.8 km
Bader print 4.9 km
Starnet internet café 13.2 km
Moi Driving Test Center 10 km
Kuwait City City Profile
|Location||Kuwait City is the capital of Kuwait, located at the heart of the country on the shore of the Arabian Gulf. Kuwait City is the political, cultural and economic center of the emirate.|
|Cost Of Living||Approximately 1450 USD per month|
|Accommodation||Hotels, Flats, Apartments|
|Sightseeings||Kuwait Towers, Green Island, The Grand Mosque, Kuwait National Museum, Islamic Antiquities, Sadu House, Souk al-Mubarakiya, The Red Palace.|
|Entertainment||Kuwait Little Theatre, Entertainment City, Ice Skating Rink, Kuwait Zoo, Magic Planet Kuwait, Aqua Park, Camel Racing|
|Events||Hala February, Kuwait Jazz Festival, Kuwait International Boat Show, Specialised Watches Exhibition|