Thebes Academy for Science
|Location: Giza, Egypt|
The Academy has 3 campuses across Egypt, in Giza and Maadi. Giza is the third largest city in the country. It is located on the west bank of the Nile River, some 20 km southwest of central Cairo. Rich in history and culture, this location attracts numerous tourists each year, owing to the internationally famous monuments it homes, such as the Great Sphinx and the Great Pyramid of Giza. Maadi on the other hand is the least densely populated neighborhood in Cairo. With its peaceful and quiet streets, it’s the ideal location for students who wish to study in a location where the pace of city life is slow.
Landmark: Al-Ma'adi Cornish
The Academy is accredited by The Ministry of Higher Education in Egypt.
Services And Facilities
- Cultural activities
- Sports facilities
- Medical clinic
The Academy accepts the following qualifications:
- Egyptian Thanawiya Amma, (arts or science) or its equivalent. The student should have attended secondary school for 3-5 years.
- Technical Secondary certificate for Administration and Services.
Technical Industrial Institutes Diploma.
Technical Commercial Institutes Diploma.
Administration and Secretariat Institutes Diploma.
Students may be transferred to the Institute from other universities and institutes provided that the student achieves the minimum requirements for admission into Thebes Academy.
Foreign students wishing to apply for admission to Thebes Academy should have a high school certificate certified by the Egyptian embassy in the country from which the certificate was issued and that country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Applicants should also supply:
- original birth certificate
- a copy of their passport
- passport photos
- letter from their country’s Cultural Counselor
Financial Aids And Scholarship
Scholarships are awarded according to the following criteria:
- Academic distinction on the basis of the general secondary certificate scores.
- Academic distinction on the basis of the semester GPA.
- Social and environmental distinction on the basis of the social and environmental activities in which the student has participated.
- Technical and literary distinction based on the technical and literary activities the student has participated in.
a- Students who have the Thanawiya Amma
General secondary total marks
95% and above
90% and above
85% and above
80% and above
Percentage reduction in tuition fees
b- Students with a GPA of 3.5 or above will get a 20% reduction in tuition fees.
Thebes Academy has its own Electronic Library containing the full texts of more than 2000 scientific journals.
Find Your University
Around The University
Downtown: 8.4 km
Airport: Cairo International Airport 22.7 km
Train Station: Egyptian National Railways 9.1 km
Swiss Inn Nile Hotel 2.1 km
Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino 2.8 km
Cairo tower 9.5 km
Pyramids 7.4 km
Coptic Museum 2.7 km
Faten Hamama Cinema 3.8 km
Talaat Harb Mall 7.6 km
El Khawas Gym 5.2 km
ElSafa W ElMarwa Pharmacy 375 m
Arab Banking Corporation Egypt 48 m
Union National bank 271 m
National bank of Egypt 639 m
Cafes & Coffee Shops:
Star Café 191 m
Aroma Café 1.4 km
Memphis 285 m
Cabetsheino 420 m
Armada 1.5 km
Speed Net 6.3 km